Thursday, August 2, 2007

Under the chapter titled 'What NOT to do' in the Parenting book

I told Nels, unequivocally, that we would not be going to the park with his friends because he had not been listening or helpful at all. A half hour later I am at the park chit-chatting with my friends and Nels is frolicking in the sand with his.

The very next day I told Nels that if he didn't want to finish his breakfast that was fine, but he would have to eat it for lunch. I forgot about the cold oatmeal in the fridge and he had his favorite, PB and J, for lunch.

Even if there was a book, I would still fail.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'm kind of bad in the following-through-with-threats department, too. But not to worry, you're not failing. You're succeeding, tremendously. Trust me, you're an awesome mother.

FishHead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FishHead said...

don't be so hard on yourself. You've got two great boys and a fantastic husband. I think you're doing ok.

Chelle said...

Hey, at least you remembered what you said...eventually. Some of us dont even remember at all! :):)

Jeni and Dave said...

Isn't is funny how before you have kids you think 'I'm always going to do this or never do that.' Then when you have kids you realize life is just easier by letting certain things slip!

Christie K said...

Many a bowl of oatmeal that was "suppose to be finished for lunch" has set in my frig as well. I'm have no doubt our kids will come out all right in the end. They might not always finish their oatmeal but good kids just the same.