Thursday, July 10, 2008

We have been busy and I have pictures to prove it.

We lost Dashiell and Nels found him in the dryer.

We started the zucchini harvest. This is one of the smaller zucchini we have picked so far. I don't know what we are going to do with all of the zucchini 6 plants are going to produce this summer.
We had house guests, and yes, that is an air mattress in the middle of the living room and we all for some reason chose to congregate there despite the relatively empty family room right around the corner.

We played at the beach.

Nels doesn't care so much about the sand and water as he does the train at the beach.

We had Family Home Evening. This is Dashiell conducting the music.

We have had lots of good food. It is so much fun to cook for guests. Since everyone has been gone we have had macaroni and cheese, hotdogs, and chicken nuggets.
We visited the discovery science center.

Nels on a bed of nails.

Dashiell doing a dinosaur bone puzzle. I love how hard he is working at it.

We hung out with Grandpa and Grandma Buhrley and lots of cousins.
We watched the fireworks.
We blessed our little baby Liesel.
Look at the beautiful hand smocked dress my friend made for me. I love it.

This is just 21 of the of the nearly 700 pictures we just added to our hard drive.

11 comments:

whit said...

I love all the pictures. One of my favorites, the one of the kids jumping on the trampoline. Why? Because Dash is wearing a bib. I think all the ones of Dash are pretty good. He is a hoot. Liesel's dress (no longer) is beautiful. Glad you are staying busy. Thanks for posting the pictures. My turn I guess.

Alisa said...

I love seeing photos of your family!
Beautiful dress-
Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer!

Brooke and Aaron said...

We love your family!! Liesel has the best smile!! Oh, and I love how you all congregated in the room with a mattress taking up floor space. We do that at the Dunyon's. We all end up in the office together, and think "why are we crowded in here when there's a big family room and kitchen right over there?!" :)

Sarah said...

I love the pictures! Liesel is just too cute. I think I will have to take her every Sunday...she was so much fun to have, thanks for letting me hold her! :)

Dana said...

I see you're all having a terrific summer! I started our family blogsite... I miss you guys and will see you soon. Liesel is getting so big...and where did those cheeks come from?? Hugs to Nels and Dash.
Ms. Dana- Learning Link

Sarah said...

Liesel is SO DARLING! Looks like a very fun summer. And how do you look so good after just having a baby?

erikamac said...

pepper, your kids are just TOO CUTE! i wish i could see them in real life!! hope everything is going well! miss you!

Dana said...

Just wondering how Nels and Sarelle are doing in Kindergarten?? I miss you guys!
Hugs,
Ms. Dana

abby said...

pepper, your kids are so cute and i love their names! the one with the blond curls kills me. love that. (and it appears you have an awesome built-in bookshelf of your own for me to lust after!)

Jennifer said...

Missing your posts Pepper! Hope things are good. How does Nels like kindergarten? I'll bet he is the best dressed and most articulate kid there!

Stephanie Lowe said...

You have been busy and I can't believe how completely adorable your kids are! I remember when Nels was just a cute little curly-top tot!

About a month ago we were having mega trouble getting our DVD to play a movie. I then said, "remember when Michael Burhley would just touch something and it would be fixed?" We laughed at the memory and then pushed play for the 100th time. And it worked!!! We laughed that the mere mention of his name carries the golden touch! Just so you know...we use his name in caution, and only in the most dire of circumstances :)!!! We miss you guys! Are you still posting on your blog???