Saturday, November 24, 2007

How was your week?

Michael was in trying to calm Dashiell down to go to sleep the other night when Dash ran from one side of the crib to the other and used the edge of the crib to catapult himself out. Michael caught him with his head half a foot from the ground. Need I even say that Michael took the crib down the next day and put it in storage. Dash is now on the crib mattress on the floor. Nels is so extremely jealous of Dashiell's bed; he wants to trade with him. What a funny couple of kids.

We had a great Thanksgiving. We were home with my parents and my mom and I cooked a great meal if I do say so myself. Probably about 10 years ago while I was in college I decided it wasn't worth the trip home for the couple of days I had off, so I had dinner with some friends. The food was wonderful, I am sure, but the dishes were prepared slightly different than those I grew up with. Thanksgiving to me is so much in the food that the slight differences in the preparation made it difficult for me to enjoy the delicious meal as "Thanksgiving". I know that is so lame. The other thing that is lame to me is if I so much enjoy the Thanksgiving meal what keeps me from duplicating the meal at other times throughout the year, but it won't happen. I will try to remember this when I have guests to my house for Thanksgiving in the future. Well, anyway, it was a wonderfully calm and peaceful Thanksgiving. Hope yours was as grand.

3 comments:

Emily said...

But did jumping in a cold fountain in a park in Scottsdale make up for the not-quite-Thanksgiving experience?

That Michael was there to catch Dash is a tender mercy, for sure.

pepper said...

Emily, for the record, I wasn't referring to dinner at your house directly. Obviously I must have felt the meal was going to be worth the trip to Arizona, if nothing else, being with my co-conspiring roomy was worth the trip.

Kristol said...

Hi Pep, congrats on a baby girl. It's time for a girl, wouldn't you agree? Thanksgiving sounds nice. You and Linda are fabulous cooks so I'm sure the meal was delicious. I'm still dreaming of when I came over and ate Alaska fish...so yummy...