Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Exercise makes me skinny

I haven't run for over a month. I ate a lot, I mean a lot of goodies over the holidays, and the new year didn't see me slowing down. I have felt sick and lazy. I was kinda feeling fat. I finally got up the nerve to weigh myself and was glad to see I had actually lost a couple pounds. How does this happen? Not that I am complaining. Maybe I should continue to be a little lazy bum, all except for this...

So, today I go running for the first time in a while and all of the sudden I feel skinny. Not because I really had lost any weight, but simply because I was exercising again. I twist my body to see my running shirt swish back and forth across my stomach that is now somehow significantly thinner than it was an hour before. Then, I throw my smelly self in the shower and while I am washing my legs, I am proud of muscles I haven't paid attention to in a month.

I think it is silly how my mind works.

1 comment:

whit said...

Pep, I think exercising is for the mind, to make us think we are skinny, and junk food is for the body. The more you eat, the smaller you get. That is my mindset anyway. Looks like you have one workout so far this week. only two more to go!