Sunday, December 10, 2006

Exceeded Expectations

Last night I took the two boys and went to a Christmas choir concert called Sing Noel at our stake. In the past I have always been a member of the choir and have thought that we did a fair job. Last night, for the first time, I was an attendee at the concert. It was fabulous. If our choirs in the past have sounded like the choir last night I no longer think people are attending because of obligation to members of the choir. (My dad may be the one exception.)

Michael is in the middle of finals. He just did not have time to go and I could not leave the boys home with him, so I took them both with me. I knew I was expecting a lot to hope they would sit for an hour and a half concert after we had waited around for an hour before it even started. (You have to get there early to get good seats, and I knew they would not last 5 min if we weren't in the benches.) Luckily we sat next to Nels favorite babysitters family and she played with him and his micromachines, let him lay on her lap, colored with him and did what ever else she could think of to keep him entertained. It was a great night.

4 comments:

whit said...

I have enjoyed Sing Noel, and it has been years since I have attended. They always have it so early in Dec. that i am not home in time to see it. Merry Christmas!

Kristol said...

Hi Pepper,
How are you? I saw your blog link on Whitney's page so I decided to come over and say hello. I always enjoyed Sing Noel, too. I liked hearing about your boys...I'm glad they made it through the concert. How's life...sounds busy. I think it's a trend amoung us all. Hope Michael did good on his finals. Hopefully he'll get some time to relax before next semester. Good luck making it through December...what a busy time!

whit said...

New post? You can't just tell it to me over the phone while on my death bed, and then not do it! Please add a picture. You can Google for a pic of a phone or something. Isn't it funny how big of a wuss I am. I was complaining about how I felt yesterday, and even today, yet I endured labor without too much complaint (well, to the world. Shane might disagree. mom may disagree as well. I did ask her in a whiny voice why my contractions were so long after a two and a half minute contraction). I think it required too much energy to complain. It was easier to just not talk.

For some reason, I don't think I used the parenthesis correctly. Oh well, who is grading me anyway?

Sassy Salisburys said...

Hi I'm a random "stranger" I googled the MV stake Sing Noel tonight looking for anything I could find. I remembered singing amazing songs for it and hoped someone had posted something somewhere. I'm so glad to read/hear it was good. :)